Role: Sous Chef, Full Time: 45 hours, 5 shifts a week across a 7 day rota
Our opening hours: 8am – 5pm NO EVENING WORK REQUIRED!
Location: The Tenth Hole Tearooms, Southsea
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Chef to join a well loved family-run eatery.
Part of the Coastal Kitchen Family, we are a very busy family run tearooms, serving 700+ covers through breakfast and lunchtime service. The Sous Chef will be responsible for working alongside the Head Chef to ensure the smooth running of the kitchen at all times. There is no let up in this kitchen, the buzz & adrenalin is constant and the successful candidate will thrive under this pressure. Speed and accuracy is key.
- Leading, motivating and supporting a team of junior chefs
- Speed and accuracy on service
- Ability to create menu items according to a recipe
- Stock management; ordering and taking delivery of food
- Maintaining the highest levels of cleanliness and hygiene at all times
The successful candidate will:
- Be friendly and confident
- Be immaculately presented
- Will lead from the front, as a team player
- Be punctual
- Have the ability to multi-task
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have a flexible approach to working
- Have experience working in a commercial kitchen.
This is a family run business and we require everyone in the team to be the best of the best at all times. Give us 110%, and we promise to give you the opportunity to have a fulfilling career with us. The Coastal Kitchen Family encompasses The Tenth Hole, The Canteen, The Briny, Abarbistro and Camber Wines. We frequently promote from within and offer staff the opportunity to move from site to site - development and growth is a real possibility when choosing a career with us.
Salary: £24,000.00 per year
A full risk assessment has been undertaken. Staff are all required to wear masks; sanitiser stations are positioned throughout the venue; and we have heightened cleaning procedures in place.